2015 Oregon School Employee Wellness Conference: The Power of US!
On March 22-24, the Oregon School Employee Wellness Conference was held in Bend, Oregon to engage school employees in creating healthier school environments that supports the physical, social, and emotional heath and well-being of staff and students. The following presentation documents have been made available and are organized by presentation date.
Monday, March 23, 2015
“Sticks and Stones Exposed: The Truth Behind Words & Relationships” Dave Weber, Keynote Presenter
- Mindfulness – What, Why and How?
- District Wellness Policy: Student and Staff Wellness
—– Kent Klewitz – Jefferson School District
—– Suzanne Hidde – ODE
- Schools are Healthy Active Communities
- Financial Wellness 101
- Unraveling the Mystery of Motivation
- Keeping the Focus on the Whole Child
- Begin with the End in Mind: Launching a Successful SEW Program
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Curious About Hypnosis?
- From Policy to Practice: School Solutions on Creating a Breastfeeding-Friendly Environment
- Collaborating for Synergy – Partnering for Total Worker Health
- Make It, Take It, Give It. You’ll Feel Better
- From Abs of Steal to Zucchini
- Taking in the Good: Understanding and Managing Stress
- Finally Some Good News about Diabetes – Delaying/Preventing Diabetes in those at High Risk
- Connecting the Dots: Building Public Health and Education Partnerships for Healthy Schools
—– Julie Mack – Centennial School District