2014 Oregon School Employee Wellness Conference: The Power of US!
On March 23-25, the Oregon School Employee Wellness Conference was held in Bend, Oregon to engage school employees in creating healthier school environments that supports the physical, social, and emotional heath and well-being of staff and students. The following presentation documents have been made available and are organized by presentation date.
Monday, March 24, 2014
“Water the Bamboo” Greg Bell, Keynote Presenter
- Financial Wellness 101
- Championing Wellness @ Work: Stress reduction and health promotion
—– INSTANT RECESS TOOLKIT
—– SCHOOL WELLNESS CHAMPION START-UP KIT
- Using School Employee Health Data to Advance School Employee Wellness Initiatives
- Stress! We all have it, now what do we do about it
- Fit Kids, Strong Body, Strong Mind
- District Wellness Initiatives: The Synergy between Student and Staff Wellness
- Blueprint for Wellness: Learn about OEA Choice Trust School Employee Wellness Grants
- Lets Move Active Schools
Heart of the Matter documentary film presented by Amy Barras, Benson High School
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
- What’s Sleep got to do with it?
- Evaluating your School Employee Wellness Program; tips, tools and strategies for measuring culture change, behavior change and program effectiveness
- The Learning Connection and Wellness Impact
- Harnessing Mind/Body Connections through the Power of Positive Thinking
- Lighten your Load and Increase your Impact: Lessons on Engaging Staff from Motivational Interviewing
- Who Am I In The Matter? What you can do to make your school a joyful place
- It takes a committee; strategies, resources and tools for building inspired, goal oriented wellness teams to support employee wellness in your district