Employee Wellness Grant Awards:
OEA Choice Trust Employee Wellness Grants range from $2,500 to a maximum of $25,000 per grant year. Grant applicants may request a maximum of $75,000 for school employee wellness programs that will be implemented within 5 years. Grantees will be required to provide a minimum of 50% in matching funds either through in-kind contributions or outside funding partners. OEA Choice Trust will accept only one grant proposal from a School District, Education Service District or Community College during the same grant period.
The mission of the OEA Choice Trust Wellness Grant Program is to improve the health and well-being of Oregon school employees through grant-making; focusing on empowering and enabling the participants to take responsibility for improvement of their health within a supportive environment.
OEA Choice Trust (Trust) has a unique opportunity to assist in promoting the health and well-being of Oregon school employees through the provision of wellness grants. In doing so we can help seed programs and culture changes for healthy living that go beyond the school setting; to students, parents and communities. Through the OEA Choice Trust Wellness Grant Program, school employees will have the opportunity to improve their health, be role models, and even a catalyst for community wellness and health.
The OEA Choice Trust Board of Trustees will evaluate and approve grant awards. Issues central to OEA Choice Trust’s evaluations of proposed projects include:
- The strength of district and school administrator support.
- The degree school staff (certified, classified, confidential and administration) has been involved in developing the wellness program.
- Whether the project addresses significant health needs and interests of the school employees.
- The goals and objectives are clear, achievable and align with the school staff health needs.
- How well the project fits within OEA Choice Trust’s funding priorities.
- The potential impact of the project to improve/promote school employee health & wellness.
• Blueprint for Wellness – This guide is a resource in building an effective, comprehensive and sustainable school employee wellness program.
Download our Implementing Wellness – Ingredients for Success.
Wellness Grant Application Funding Priorities:
1. Improve health and well-being of school employees by focusing on the following areas:
- Physical fitness
- Healthy eating
- Achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight
- Discovery and control of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and depression
- Building Stress Resiliency
2. Build a culture of health that engages school employees in healthy living to prevent and/or manage risk factors and chronic diseases.
- Policies, practices, and environments that engage employees in healthy living.
- Visible administrative leadership that communicates the value of employee wellness and it is a priority to the school.
- Social environment that promotes health and wellness as the norm rather than the exception at their school.
Principles that guide OEA Choice Trust’s employee wellness grant:
- A comprehensive employee wellness program can positively affect employee health, morale, absenteeism, health care costs, productivity, sick leave and disability.
- Employee wellness programs are integrated into the school programs, practices, and policies to create a culture of health.
- Programs are tailored to the needs and priorities of the staff and district.
- Wellness programs can start small and build a strong foundation for success and sustainability.
- Successful programs are supported across the entire school community.
- Healthy role modeling for students to promote their social, emotional and physical well-being.